Skip to main content

Well Dressed

Its when you feel you are in a place where no one knows who you are that you meet the most unlikely person. Like just now. I have been ill, and everyone that knows me know that I dress according to how I feel. I am still very weak, so I was wearing baggy clothes and my hair was done in a 1960's weave - trust me, the do BELONGS to that era.

I go to the bank to pay in some money into someone's account, only for me to meet one of my hip hop 'sistaz' from Unilag (that's university of Lagos, for those that don't know). She was all dolled up and looking good, and she actually had to glance back twice before my face clicked. I felt like disappearing into thin air!

My major problem is that my body weight flunctuates. Today I'm 60, if I travel and/or go to the school dorm and move about more, I'll reduce to 55 or 56. 55 is actually my most recent slimmest. Its really annoying because the clothes I take to my destination usually end up being a big baggy after three weeks.
Now I am in Abuja, and almost all my clothes are feeling bigger by the day. I know I'll still increase again (my brother and I have done a little research and come up with the result that our house makes us fat - we have used cousins and friends apart from ourselves as case studies and it is true!).

Is there any way I can actually reduce FOREVER? I only wish I could rewind to this morning and dress up real good! If you are going to suggest a diet - remember I'm in Africa!

Comments

Kafo said…
normally i would say F it
who cares what ppl think
but then again u r living with future IN LAWS

okay about the weight noTHING

there is no secret answer i guess u just have to keep to the same routine exercise wise and don't go and buy clothes that are too big by clothes that fit exactly and work that

o just wait and not buy until u reach ur ideal weight

good luck
Afam Anigbo said…
Hmmm...

I remember telling a certain cute "rotund" chick to lose weight some time back... she chased me round MY OWN HOUSE and almost beat d crap outta me. Looks like I was right, right?

For me personally, i'm against d weight thing ONLY for health reasons. Trust me, its only society that says fat pple aint cool, trust me, one of my best friends wont settle for anything less than OBESE chicks... *wink*

So d secret... well, I guess its just eat right, lotsa veggies and liquid, work out (Not "Olympics"), and have a regular eating pattern (that last one was her moms advice... I think u gotta great mom by d way!)

Ciao!

Popular posts from this blog

EKITI KETE

What is this wahala now? Why must such a tiny state in Nigeria cause so much wahala? It is not even in the center, it is not even an original state but a cut out of another. I really dont understand why every newspaper feels they must print something about Ekiti on the front page every single day. And this has been the case since it was created. The latest sensation is the election rerun that even our busy President had to take time to go and see. I mean, you would think with all the monitoring eyes, everything would run smoothly but no, another twist in the saga has been announced.
The outside world thinks we should be ashamed of ourselves. I a just praying that it does not get bloody, and that Ekiti will stop trying to keep attention all the time.

Am not dissing Ekiti o[that was for Vicky who will soon be my husband, so he'll not quote me after the wedding - he's from Ekiti :D]. Am just saying they should behave themselves.

Ironblogging - Blogging a week at a time

One of the results of attending CMS Africa 2016 in Kampala, Uganda, was the creation of an Ironblogger network, IBCOCO. The intent was simple: there is a huge huge benefit from having an online presence, for every business, and blogging frequently is one of the ways to achieve this.

Plans List?Carried out or not?

Have you ever planned the next year of your life and then after a few months, realized that nothing went according to plan? Well it happened to me. Back in October, I knew where I wanted to be in a year's time: I was going to be married, with my husband and I studying in a foreign country for masters degrees. We had applied and then things began to happen.
First my Dad felt I was rushing to get married (Never mind that he'd insisted when I was 17 that by the time I reach my age, I should have given him 2 grandkids for him to spoil). Then my acclaimed alma mater university refused to send my transcripts to the schools I had applied to. As if that was not enough, I had not taken my TEOFL exam which was required to apply.

Its now June. I lost the admissions because my transcripts never arrived even though my university claims they have sent it. My father has finally agreed to let me get married BUT at his own convenient time, and his own way (he has just declared he doesnt want us …