Skip to main content

My pets of 2007

I'm about to let go of my pets of 2007, so please do not laugh at me. At one point or the other, these animals stayed in my house ( I really mean compound, but Bunny did stay in my room for a while). So here goes.... The first is Chuck, That plastic pail that's upside down is actually a 20 litre paint bucket, so you can imagine how big Chuck was. He was the tallest chicken I have seen so far.
The second is Cruz (don't ask my why but that's the chicken's name), and he barely lasted a week. The day he was slaughtered, he refused to eat, as if he knew what was coming. He was always clucking and clucking around the backyard.
The last but not the least is Bunny, the lovely active rabbit I chose from the brood of six that my grandfather was keeping then (He made a lovely soup that he kept trying to entice me to try from them at christmas). Bunny chose me actually, he was so active, he practically jumped on my extended arm. He was born domesticated as well - it didn't matte where he was, if he wanted to poo, he would scuttle to his box and do his business. He was everywhere - in my room, the sitting room, and was very friendly. Unfortunately for him, my little cousin didnt like him, and "mistakenly" placed rat poison packets near Bunny's favorite corner of the kitchen, by the gas burner where it was always warm. I still have not forgiven the boy, mostly because Bunny died slowly, he was just getting leaner and leaner, stopped eating and eventually just gave up. Life's not fair, abi?
*sigh....So those were my pets for 2007, and I had to watch my family eat the first two, and the last one died slowly. *sigh



Comments

disgodkidd said…
r u not supposed to be keeping dolls and cosmetics and stuff like that?...lol...

i have a pet too....my laptop...
xi said…
Na wa o.

This one that you actually named the chickens. So when they died, did you have a wake-keep (maybe invite other chickens in the neighbourhood).

What is surprising me is that you actually have passport-sized photographs of these chickens sha. Was that a precautionary thing (maybe incase they run away?) Hmmm. Life is tough o, ppl have started taking pictures of chickens and rabbits. Next you know, they'll start tattooing names onto the chicken.

Wait oh!, have you already done that? Cos I dont want to underestimate you anymore.

And as for the rabbit. You actually named the rabbit'Bunny'. How creative.

Methinks you need a dog in your life. They generally last longer, and one with the right disposition is likely to save you the emotional torture and mental torment of eating your beloved chickens.

This is because the dog is likely to eat the chickens himself.

You ever seen a dog eat a chicken before? I have. Our neighbour used to keep some miscellaneous chickens in his compound until my dog started to assassinate the chickens (the ones that were foolhardy enough to jump over the wall)

The only evidence that there was a chicken is usually a couple of feathers.

Popular posts from this blog

EKITI KETE

What is this wahala now? Why must such a tiny state in Nigeria cause so much wahala? It is not even in the center, it is not even an original state but a cut out of another. I really dont understand why every newspaper feels they must print something about Ekiti on the front page every single day. And this has been the case since it was created. The latest sensation is the election rerun that even our busy President had to take time to go and see. I mean, you would think with all the monitoring eyes, everything would run smoothly but no, another twist in the saga has been announced.
The outside world thinks we should be ashamed of ourselves. I a just praying that it does not get bloody, and that Ekiti will stop trying to keep attention all the time.

Am not dissing Ekiti o[that was for Vicky who will soon be my husband, so he'll not quote me after the wedding - he's from Ekiti :D]. Am just saying they should behave themselves.

Ironblogging - Blogging a week at a time

One of the results of attending CMS Africa 2016 in Kampala, Uganda, was the creation of an Ironblogger network, IBCOCO. The intent was simple: there is a huge huge benefit from having an online presence, for every business, and blogging frequently is one of the ways to achieve this.

Plans List?Carried out or not?

Have you ever planned the next year of your life and then after a few months, realized that nothing went according to plan? Well it happened to me. Back in October, I knew where I wanted to be in a year's time: I was going to be married, with my husband and I studying in a foreign country for masters degrees. We had applied and then things began to happen.
First my Dad felt I was rushing to get married (Never mind that he'd insisted when I was 17 that by the time I reach my age, I should have given him 2 grandkids for him to spoil). Then my acclaimed alma mater university refused to send my transcripts to the schools I had applied to. As if that was not enough, I had not taken my TEOFL exam which was required to apply.

Its now June. I lost the admissions because my transcripts never arrived even though my university claims they have sent it. My father has finally agreed to let me get married BUT at his own convenient time, and his own way (he has just declared he doesnt want us …