Skip to main content

Good Samaritan

Are there any more Good Samaritans in this world? Something happened to me today - I got to the office and remembered that I had to buy airtime onto the phone I use to browse. I dropped all, took some money, and practically ran to the store that sells the cards. I got there, placed an order, and then dipped my hands into my pocket, and drew empty. I traced my path back to the office, and noticed some oddities.
There is a phone kiosk on the way to the store, and while I was hurrying past, there were a lot of guys standing by it. When I passed, they hushed up, and I was thinking it was because of my hair do (yeah I had my hair done on Friday, didn't want to enter the new month looking that raggedy). As I retraced my steps, I noticed that they were not there - only seconds later.
Even the guard that I had greeted five seconds earlier had disappeared.

It didn't take all of five seconds, all of it. And the money was gone. Thinking I had left it in my hurry in the office, I went straight there, and turned everywhere I had been to upside down. I didn't find it. No one would look me in the eye as I got more money, and sadly traced my steps to the store. Like they all knew who and how the money disappeared but no one would tell me.
I love my country, but its not a happy kind of love, believe me. Its a patient, "One day it should get better" kind of love...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EKITI KETE

What is this wahala now? Why must such a tiny state in Nigeria cause so much wahala? It is not even in the center, it is not even an original state but a cut out of another. I really dont understand why every newspaper feels they must print something about Ekiti on the front page every single day. And this has been the case since it was created. The latest sensation is the election rerun that even our busy President had to take time to go and see. I mean, you would think with all the monitoring eyes, everything would run smoothly but no, another twist in the saga has been announced.
The outside world thinks we should be ashamed of ourselves. I a just praying that it does not get bloody, and that Ekiti will stop trying to keep attention all the time.

Am not dissing Ekiti o[that was for Vicky who will soon be my husband, so he'll not quote me after the wedding - he's from Ekiti :D]. Am just saying they should behave themselves.

Hey Mum

Hey mum,
I just wanted to thank you.
I thank you for deciding to get married - some women didn't see the need.
I thank you for deciding to have kids - some women didn't want to mess up their figures.
I thank you for going through discomfort all through the pregnancy.
For going through all the pain.
I will be forever grateful to you for allowing God to use you to bring me to this world.
But that's not all.
You didn't give me away - some women did that to their kids.
So I thank you for putting your needs, your wants, your career aside, to raise me.
I thank you for taking the time to teach me the Lord's way.
I thank you for loving me with all my faults.
I thank you for ensuring that I had the best you could afford.
You are a mother, and blessed are you amongst all women.
I LOVE YOU

Plans List?Carried out or not?

Have you ever planned the next year of your life and then after a few months, realized that nothing went according to plan? Well it happened to me. Back in October, I knew where I wanted to be in a year's time: I was going to be married, with my husband and I studying in a foreign country for masters degrees. We had applied and then things began to happen.
First my Dad felt I was rushing to get married (Never mind that he'd insisted when I was 17 that by the time I reach my age, I should have given him 2 grandkids for him to spoil). Then my acclaimed alma mater university refused to send my transcripts to the schools I had applied to. As if that was not enough, I had not taken my TEOFL exam which was required to apply.

Its now June. I lost the admissions because my transcripts never arrived even though my university claims they have sent it. My father has finally agreed to let me get married BUT at his own convenient time, and his own way (he has just declared he doesnt want us …